For this Monday's ten things list let's play a game. See if you can match the writer to the fact:
1. Wrote with a goose quill pen and blue ink on blue-gray slips of paper measuring 8-3/4" by 7-1/4".
2. Never revised. If something didn't work this writer trashed the entire manuscript and started over again at the beginning.
3. Burned a first/unpublished novel after a friend said he didn't like it.
4. Died at forty but wrote fifty novels.
5. Wrote a 60K book and designed its cover art for the publisher in seventeen days.
6. Invented a glass harmonica.
7. After going blind, composed what is considered the greatest epic in the English language.
8. Once wrote in a letter that the world will end in the year 2060.
9. Had only 500 copies of the first edition of their debut novel printed because the publisher was afraid it wouldn't sell.
10. After graduating Harvard this writer didn't think the diploma fee of $5.00 was worth it, and so left without the diploma.
A. Jack London
B. J.K. Rowling
C. Evelyn Waugh
D. Benjamin Franklin
E. John Milton
F. Sir Isaac Newton
G. Henry David Thoreau
I. D.H. Lawrence
J. Charles Dickens
(The correct answers will be posted in comments at the end of the day.)